Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pinterest FAIL

I have been doing SO well, cooking every night, trying new recipes, faithfully pinning away, and then Tuesday night happened.  We went as a family to work out and then when we got home I started making what we refer to as, breakfast for dinner.  And I was so excited to try this oven baked bacon recipe from Pinterest.  One of my pet peeves is that I am always standing at the stove frying bacon while the rest of the family eats the food that is ready while its hot.  So this recipe seemed to solve my problem, promising extra crispy bacon ( a must), that is all done at the same time!

WELL, it tasted great, but it darn near caught our whole house on fire!!!  I did everything right.  I even used these exact same pans.  But, what the recipe doesn't tell you is that bacon grease is going to fill up that shallow edge of the pan and then spill over into your oven causing your entire house to fill with smoke.  Instead of eating your tasty, crispy bacon you will be standing in various locations in your house with the doors wide open, the 102 degree heat pouring in, fanning the thick smoke with dish towels. 

Two days later and the faint smell of smoke is still lingering.  So lesson learned.  The next time I will use a deep cake pan, or maybe just pan fry it like normal.  :)

No comments: