Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A trip to the hospital!


We had to take an unexpected side trip to the hospital yesterday. Thank goodness after some monitoring everything is just fine!! I was having crazy dizzy spells, seeing some "floaters", and then at the doctor my blood pressure went up a little. So she wanted me to go to the hospital in the next town over for some monitoring. Although we are ready to meet Gracie we didn't want her to be born at this hospital so we are glad that she is still safe and sound in my tummy! After all the testing she figured out that my iron is about 10 points lower than it's supposed to be as well as a pretty low potassium level. Huge iron pills, orange juice, and bananas are my best friends for a while. I was also glad my doctor got to see my huge contractions on the monitor and was able to see that I really do have 7-10 an hour. They just aren't evenly spaced yet! I wasn't ever sure if she actually believed me that I have so many.

Gracie looked great and comfy so I go back Thursday to the doctor to discuss possibly pushing my c-section back from August 4 to August 11. The doctor would love her to make it on the inside for 39 weeks. So we will see! We hope to have a great day playing inside and watching the rain!




post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are okay! Tell her to hang on for a few more days! :)

The Balch Bunch said...

SO glad everything is OK and that you got to see Gracie doing well and got to go home! I know it would have been a bummer for you to have to deliver where you didnt want to.

Hope the Dr appt for your C Section goes well! Maybe you can keep that girl 'cookin' a little longer!

Unknown said...

Glad she's in there safe and sound and you're doing okay. Hang in there Gracie!