Sunday, October 11, 2009

Swine and Tea Tang

Well, it was confirmed! We got a call from the Texas Dept of Health this afternoon that Jordan's flu culture tested positive for the H1N1 (swine flu) strain. Then I heard on the news that 99% of all cultures taken last week in this area were H1N1. Crazy! We are so blessed that he is healthy and happy and going back to work tomorrow. When Jordan is sick he asks for one thing all the time. Tea Tang...Have you heard of it? I sure hadn't until I married him. I have included the recipe below and hopefully it will help you when you are sick as much as it helps him!
The OLD BROOKE FAMILY Tea Tang Recipe
1 Cup Tang
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup instant tea
3/4 Cup Lemonade Mix (Country Time is what GG uses)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
***this makes a big batch I keep in a container and then he spoons out into his hot water.**
Mix thoroughly and serve about 2 Tablespoons per 8 ounces of hot water.

4 comments:

The Fletchers said...

I make this during the holidays and give it out as gifts!! Its sooooo good!!! :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Little did you know that GG is probably whipping up a lifetime supply to ship you!! I on the other hand never became obsessed with this like Jo, but maybe I need to give it another whirl!!

Abby said...

sounds yummy!I can't believe you and Griff managed to not get sick!!! Glad Jordan is feeling better!

Katie said...

Swine flu! Scary! Happy he is better!