Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lefty or Righty?

I was reading a study on hand dominance in the APA journal today and it got me wondering.... Will Griffin be a righty or a lefty? Right now he is still using both but is starting to favor kicking and reaching with his left. The study indicated that the preference will start to be apparent between age 2 and 3 so I guess we will just wait and find out. Part of me wants him to be a lefty because my Daddy was a lefty. But, I know that is harder for kids to write, cut, color etc. So we will "hide and watch" as my hubby would say! :)

Today we were working on the letter P and having peaches and puffs for snack. And wouldn't you know it. He ate with both hands!!
Right
Left

2 comments:

Abby said...

Good post! I wonder what Colt will be...I always try to hand him stuff in his right hand. HAHA! Blake's pushing "right handedness" because its quite expensive to buy left handed bows, left handed guns, and left handed gloves for baseball when they could use what daddy has already :) oh the priorities! I could care less! :)

Kimberly said...

Hmmmm, how interesting... But ya know- with all they have out there these days with lefty scissors, lefty notebooks, etc...Griff would be perfectly fine (& right-brain dominant!) if he was a lefty!! :)