Wednesday, April 20, 2011

San Fransisco - Day 2


We woke up at around 7:00 Cali time (9! Texas time) and enjoyed our morning. Our hotel brought to our door each morning 2 free beverages, so I had a coke and a bottled water to take with me and Jo had juice and a water. He fired up our fancy coffee machine and settled in the chair with his robe on and his Nook. He was in Heaven. I took my time getting ready and then we headed off to the Ferry building and Farmers Market.

At the ferry building. Our hotel was a 15 minute walk and it was very refreshing in the cool morning air.

This Farmers Market was amazing. They had so many local farmers and people who actually raised their animals, butchered them, and then cooked them right here at the market. The food was all really fresh and they had lots of healthy options like sprouts and grass fed beef, etc.This is Jordan's breakfast sandwich. He gave it 2 thumbs up!
Inside the ferry building. My favorites were the Cowgirl Creamery and the bread bakery.
Jordan has become obsessed with Blue Bottle Coffee. More
on that later. :)
Then we hopped on a ferry to visit Sausalito. It's a cute little city that is on the shore line and had tons of cute one of a kind boutiques and cafes. The ferry ride was pretty windy but we loved the scenery.
Looking back into the city.

What a gorgeous skyline.
We found a cute little waterfront restaurant to eat in called Horizons.
We shared a chicken sandwich (On sourdough of course) and
looked out into the ocean. It was so peaceful!
Our view from our table.

When we made it back to the mainland we headed out to Union Square. Untion Square is the main shopping area with every store imaginable. When I found the H&M I knew I was in the right place.
After shopping and walking blocks and blocks we headed back to our area and strolled around the North Beach are some more. It was a cool evening but totally wonderful weather for walking and exploring.
We ended our night walking along the streets of downtown and making our way home. It was strange, although there are a lot of homeless people in SF they never begged or made us feel unsafe in any way. It was a HUGE difference from the way downtown Dallas feels at night. I compared it to Ft Worth with the way everyone is out in the streets at night. It was just lovely!

Day 3 : Alcatraz, Ghirardelli Square, and Fishermans Wharf

post signature

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Did they raise they animals and slaughter them right at the market? Hahaha jk but I read it that way even though I know that's not the case. Can I please go to Horizons with you when I come to visit after you move there because that menu looked YUMMERS!!!!! Yay for ferries :)