We are home from a wonderful weekend in Seattle. The weather was sunny, cool, and crisp and Jordan is convinced that people in Seattle are telling stories when they say it rains all the time. He thinks they are just trying to keep their beautiful city a secret! For real though it was gorgeous up there with all of the trees changing colors and the cool weather was a nice treat for us. When we got on the plane yesterday morning it was in the low 40's and when we got off in Dallas it was still 86 at 8 pm.
We got to spend the weekend with Kelsey and Gabe. It was their first time to meet Gracie and she was spoiled the entire weekend. When we got home last night and I put her down on the couch in her boppy I realized she had been held the entire weekend. Such a lucky little girl. Griffin was also a happy camper and I think his new best friend is Uncle Gabe. We have talked about him non stop since leaving. It's so sweet! They were the absolute best hosts and didn't even mind when we Texas time folks fell asleep at 9 and woke up at 6! We are also very thankful for Granny Gari who works so hard to give us all the tickets to fly Southwest to see each other. This is such a nice luxury and we are very appreciative. So all in all it was an AWESOME trip and the kids did wonderful on the plane, in the airports, and adjusting to a new place and a 2 hour time change. I am so pleased and it has given me the confidence to fly and travel more places. Woo hoo!! So now I will let the pictures tell you the story of our weekend.
Ready to go!
Griffin LOVED these moving side walks. When one would
end he would yell, "I see another one!" and run up to the next one.
It was precious.
The fam on the plane. Ready for "blast off" as Griffin kept saying.
Shortly after takeoff I realized everyone was asleep!
He loved looking out the window.
And this is what he saw. Beautiful!
Auntie Kels and Gracie meeting for the first time.
I loved how we bundled everyone up for bed each night.
Griffin loved to kick and throw the leaves.
On Saturday we took a ferry to Bainbridge Island and played on
and incredible play ground. Griffin was in HEAVEN.
And it was seriously the coolest park we have ever been to.

Princess Grace all snuggled up in her outfit from Kelsey and her
hat from Granny.

The boys and Gracie on the ferry. It was quite chilly up on deck.
Kelsey and I will Seattle in the background.
Our family. It's very windy in case you couldn't tell!
I loved this little coat that Granny gave Gracie. I felt like I
was holding a stuffed animal. She stayed so warm and toasty.
Our family on the ferry. We told Griffin we were going on a ferry and
from then on he called it a "fairy tale." It was so funny!

Kelsey and Griffin before church on Sunday morning.
After church they drove Jo to get a special clover coffee. It's
a million times stronger than a normal coffee and they only have
it in a few Starbucks locations in the country. He loved it.
Jordan and Gabe.
I love this one. Kelsey and Gabe were so amazing
with the kids all weekend. We are so blessed to have them as a sister and brother!
Kels and Gracelynn.
The girls.
Towards the end of the weekend. Jordan had his hands full.
And here we are on the plane ride back home.

6 comments:
Great Pics.... Looked like such a fun trip... now i want to go too, it looks so pretyy!
These pictures are awesome!!! So glad you had a huge success on the airplane with the two littles :)
It was such a special weekend for Gabe and me, and I couldn't be more thankful for ya'll spending your valuable days outside of school and work with US!!!!! I love all the photos and can't wait to upload mine as I captured a few different things!! Lots and lots of love to you and the fam! You forgot to mention you were Mommy-of-the-month for handling it all so well .....
P.S. I can TOTALLY hear you saying YEA YEA at the end of your post!!! Love it :)
What a fun time! I have always wanted to go to Seattle, it looks so beautiful!
What cute pictures!!! Your kiddos are lucky to have such a cool aunty, I love miss kelsey! :-) and i'm really glad the weather was so nice for y'all!!!
Post a Comment