Friday, July 9, 2010

Thoughts/Decisions

These are the things I am needing/thinking about for Miss Gracie...

-Do I want a mobile? Here are my thoughts--Griffin had one, it didn't last long, and he really only liked the music part. Will she be the same?
-I need to buy diapers. I was hard core Swaddlers last time but after all the crazy hoopla about the new Pampers diapers should I try to switch to Huggies?
-Do I want a new diaper bag for Gracie? Will I carry two or just throw both their things into my big diaper bag?
-I need to pack Gracie's hospital bag. Mine is done but I haven't gotten a thing together for her yet!
-We need to figure out a special "big brother" gift for Griffin for when we bring the baby home. I am concerned that he not feel left out!

Any advice or words of wisdom from you moms that have multiple kids?


post signature

3 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

When we were getting ready to welcome Peanut into the world, I had decided to get Peanut to bring big brother a gift. I had heard of others letting the big brother bring a gift for the new baby, but Bubbie had been an only child for 3 yrs.... I just didn't think he would like not getting ANYTHING. So I found a special pair of Thomas shoes that Bubbie had been asking for. When Bubbie came to visit at the hospital there was a present waiting on him. He was so proud and told everyone that his new baby brother brought him those shoes!

Also, as far as the separate diaper bags, etc.... with the first 2 boys, I had two diaper bags. Every once in a while, when running into Target or into Nana's house, I would just throw the things Bubbie needed into the baby bag, because it was easier and by that point, Bubbie didn't need that much (he was potty trained by then). With two being different sexes, you may want a separate diaper bag for each, but maybe graduate the oldest diaper bag into a big boy backpack or special tote bag of sorts that he could "carry" and be proud of. ???

:) Just my thoughts!

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy said...

real fast- more to come...
diapers- same dilemma, we went with swaddlers sensitives- no dry max in them! very pleased!
diaper bag- i got a new functional one by skip hop- realized that the fancy one's just don't cut it with two kids!
big brother gift- we did an automoblox car (barnes and nobles has them) kept him entertained in the hospital room and he was thrilled that the baby thought to get him something! ie: we said it was from the baby! ...he got balloons too!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am no help -- SORRY! haha, but I am taking note for when it's my turn!