Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


This weekend was filled with friends, family, and fun! And boy was it hot!!!

On Saturday we had some of Jordan's high school friends over for pool time and a cookout. It was great to see them all and Jordan's grilled burgers were a huge hit! I found some new pool loungers for a steal and Jordan bought me this huge 11 foot umbrella as a Happy Summer gift. I love it!
I am thinking that we might even move it sometimes to make shade over the shallow end when Griffin decides to swim. It's never too early to take care of your skin!

This was what our temperature said on the way to the Lugar/Morgan family reunion on Sunday. Man....it was HOT!
Griffin made it through lunch and the afternoon session of the reunion, but when people started to settle down to play games he got a little restless. So we decided to take him home and we are so lucky that my sweet mama swept in to babysit at the last minute! This allowed us to go back over for the evening and have AMAZING steaks and dessert and visit with the family. It was wonderful to sit and talk with Grandmother and catch up with the aunts and uncles and cousins.
Then on Monday Jordan painted Gracie's room for me!! I LOVE IT! It is so bright and pink. I need to run to home depot and get a little more paint though because we ran out and still need to do the detail work. You know, around the trim, doors, and windows. But the walls have two coats and look so good!
I will for sure post a picture when it's all done. Most likely this weekend. I feel like such a slacker with this nursery. With Griffin's I was all done by this point and with poor Gracie I am just now starting. I have total baby brain this time too. For example, I paid several of our bills twice last month. When our new bills came out I kept wondering why they were so low and finally figured out I double paid. I guess that's better than not paying at all though!

The other big development of the weekend is that Griffin finally ditched the bottle and is only drinking out of sippy cups. Except the last milk of the night. He likes to lay back and drink and that's not possible with these cups. We are so proud of our big boy!
And this is our weather forecast for the week! YIKES! It's HOT HOT HOT!




This week is doctors appointments and blood tests and not much else. I will be thankful to play inside and stay cool!

post signature

1 comment:

Brittany said...

101 degrees out. OH MY!! Too hot!!