Friday, January 15, 2010

How are you feeling?

So many of you have been so sweet to offer congratulations and well wishes! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We and our entire families are thrilled and since Jordan and I decided we are a "two kid family", this is likely the last time I will be pregnant. Therefore, I am trying to enjoy it!

So...How am I feeling you ask? Much better now! For the first few weeks I was sick multiple times a day and basically kept nothing down. I laid on the couch, in bed, or in the floor while playing with Griffin. I did no housework, cooking, or cleaning. I lost quite a bit of weight. I wasn't surprised at all because my sickness was really bad with Griffin too. But, I didn't have a sweet 21 month old requiring my attention 24-7 so it was a little easier to deal with. When we went to our first doctor appointment this week my doctor prescribed me Zofran. Holy cow it's amazing. I have only been sick twice since taking it, I did 8 loads of laundry, took Griffin to play at two different places with friends, etc. I am almost back to normal!

I sure have had some funny cravings with this pregnancy so far. With Griffin I had one craving, one time, for an Arby's roast beef sandwich. With this baby I have craved MEAT! I don't even really eat meat very often but so far in this first 9 weeks I have eaten steaks and ribs galore. It's so funny! And then my very sweet and also pregnant cousin sent me this heavenly picture! FAZOLIS! Now, I am craving that! Too bad the closest one is several hours away. Oh well!

We are having a fun dinner with friends on Saturday night but other than that we have a pretty low key weekend planned. Jo has class and then of course we have church and the COWBOYS on Sunday. We hope you have a wonderful weekend and the Cowboys win!


post signature

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Zofran sounds like a magic pill. Do you have to be pregnant to take it -- jk!!!! Glad to hear things are getting better, call me lovely sister soon!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Congratulations! I saw your blog from Kelsey's! Love it! Im a new follower :)

*Courtney* said...

Congrats on sweet baby #2 on the way! Hope you get to feeling better very soon.