Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home Decor

So remember my friend Dabney?  The one that takes AMAZING pictures?  She is also a fabulous interior decorator!  When they had us over a few weeks ago we were blown away at how put together and homey their house looked.  So of course, I asked her if she would help me out.  My only prerequisite is that I didn't want purple.  If you know me this is probably shocking.  But I have had a purple living room since I was 19 and just want something different.  The purple furniture is still going to be in the house though.  Just in the formal living room!  
So for our family room we picked out a chocolate brown sectional.  It seats 7 and has a huge ottoman that goes with it.  We might add a chair sometime in the future but for now this is plenty!  So Dabney went to work and she came up with a "Tuscan" theme.  We are going to use yellows, greens, burnt orange, and reds.  I could not be more excited!!!  Here are some of the ideas she had and some of the pieces I have "aquired."

A reminder of the space.  That fireplace screen will be oil rubbed bronze.  Jordan's 55" tv will be in that top right corner maybe at an angle.
Console Table to go against the right wall.

Fun lemon tree...I already have the big clock and a yellow pitcher that looks just like that from Granny.


Potential Curtains for the window behind the tv.
This my sweet mom bought for me at an auction.  It's a chandelier that is gorgeous and bronzy.
This antique candelabra mom finally said I could have!!  I adore it!!!
So what do you think?  I am trying to be very "un-girly" and keep it neutral to go with the brown couch.  Any other suggestions?  My Granny will of course be helping out to...because everyone knows she's the next best thing to Martha Stewart!! :)


1 comment:

The Fletchers said...

I take it you like the curtains!?!? YEAH!! I love the table you picked out and the candle holders you sent pictures of!!! SO CUTE!!!

I cant wait to help you! :)