Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Terrible Horrible No good Very Bad Day!

You would never know it's two days before Christmas in the Lugar household!  We have had such a bad day!  I know in relation to things some people are going through it's nothing...but to us...it is a lot!!

First my screen on my blackberry cracked.  Didn't drop it, Griff wasn't chewing it, nothing.  Just rang and cracked.  I am past my year warranty and the upgrade is Jordan's so I won't be able to get a new one until August without paying full price...ugggghhh.

Then both boys are sick.  Griff has been pitiful, crying a bunch and just wanting to be held and rocked.  Jordan barely slept at all last night because he couldn't breathe and was coughing and blowing his nose tons.  He went ahead and went to work since these are his last few days in his old position.  He called me around noon and told me he was coming home.

Then while driving home on the tollway he was sideswiped going 65+ miles an hour.  He's fine as are the people who hit him.  His car does have some damage though.  It's very foggy here and the person two lanes over served and hit the person in the lane next to him, pushing her into Jordan's lane and hitting him.  He never saw it coming.  Now we will just have to play the never ending insurance game.

Next....  I lock my keys in the car at dinner tonight.  In uptown...miles away from the spare set in our house in Plano.  While waiting inside for the locksmith Griffin decides to throw up all over my shoulder and down my front.  I had my favorite black cashmere coat hanging on the back of the chair which is now covered in milky white vomit.  Not to mention we both smelled terribly.  At that point I just started hysterically laughing.  I mean really, what else can you do??  Finally the locksmith came... and $88 later my keys which I stuffed in the diaper bag that I left in the backseat were recovered!  

I have Jordan tucked in bed with vicks and a vaporizer going.  Griffin has been asleep for hours.  I am going to watch TV and RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!!  

On a side note I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping my favorite sister makes it here from Seattle sometime this holiday season!  We just don't get to see her very often and will be super sad if it doesn't work out.  So everyone please pray for clearer weather and lighter plane loads!

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That was the most depressing post ever. I am so sorry you had such a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! Love that quote by the way, and I just envision you pouting and saying it ..... oh, and I don't care what I have to do to get to Dallas. Harley and I will sneak under the belly of the plane for all I care.

Hope the boys feel better soon, and I pray that you don't get what they have!

LOVE